Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Culture has an effect on advertising values. Subcultures can include groups of customers who are interested in a product. Find a competitor’s advertisement or commercial on the Internet, and analyze the following in 1,500–2,000 words:
- Briefly describe the competitor’s ad or commercial.
- What is the ad’s intent?
- Identify the type of customer (culture, subculture, lifestyle, values/beliefs, social class, etc.) the ad would appeal to.
- How does the ad promote a specific want or need?
- Is the ad effective? Is it persuasive? Why or why not?
- What persuasive technique does the advertiser use to appeal to the customer (shock, humor, sex appeal, etc.)?
- List 2 ideas to make your product’s ad different.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.