Assignment Default and Dispute
Termination of a contract can come about for many reasons but chiefly under the FAR a contractual relationship will end in dissolution either as a result of “termination for default” or “termination for convenience. Review Chapter 19 of the “Government Contract Guidebook” along with the FAR reference.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the “bases for a termination for default” and give an example of its application.
- Compare and contrast the consequences and remedies of “termination for default” and “ termination for convenience.”
- Distinguish the government’s remedy of “excess cost of re-procurement” and “ liquidated damages.”
- Analyze the dispute process under the “Contract Dispute Act.”
- Based on the topics covered in this course, evaluate the importance of acquisition planning to cost containment in government contracting.
- After reflection on acquisition planning and cost containment, provide two (2) recommendations to improve government procurement procedures.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify and apply the appropriate Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) clauses to meet compliance in contracting actions and dispute resolution requirements.
- Explain how to use the administrative and judicial processes available for contract dispute resolution.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in procurement and contract law.
- Write clearly and concisely about procurement and contract law using correct grammar and mechanics