No word limit for PICO table/Search strategy/ Selection criteria table. Selection
justification = 100 words.
As future health, sport, and wellness professionals/clinicians, you will use the best available evidence to inform your professional reasoning and practice. Both written assignments of this unit will help you learn the stages of finding, selecting, and using evidence. The assignments include writing activities aimed at developing your academic writing skills.
There are three sections:
- PICO and search strategy
- Evidence Criteria
- Evidence Justification
Your work will be based on ONE scenario from the selection provided. From the scenario you are required to formulate an evidence question, PICO terms and an advanced search strategy. From your search results you will select three articles that would be considered best available evidence to answer your evidence question and present a justification for one of these articles. Further details of the assignment are provided below.
Section 1: PICO and search strategy
From your chosen scenario, you are required to:
- Write a PICO evidence question.
- Identify the PICO components that will inform your search strategy including keywords and synonyms
- Perform an advanced search in CINAHL on the P and I components of your PICO
- Present a screenshot, or copy, of your search strategy from CINAHL
Section 2: Evidence criteria
Select THREE articles that represent best available evidence and identify the evidence selection criteria of the articles in the provided template. Criteria include type, level, recency, and relevance of evidence. Provide reference and abstract for each paper (see template).
Section 3: Evidence justification
Select ONE article of the three that might represent best available evidence for answering the evidence question. In 100 words, justify your choice of this ONE by considering the strengths and limitations based on the evidence selection criteria, by comparing to the other selected articles.
- No coversheet is required for Turnitin submissions
- Use the assignment templates provided on vUWS to assist with layout and formatting
- Your assignment must have your name and student number on each page
- Times New Roman or Arial or Calibri 12 font, 1.5 – 2 line spacing
- Normal margins
- Graphical objects are permitted to provide search history and abstract attachment
- Use APA 7th citation and referencing style
- Reference list required (for the included articles)
- Provide abstracts for your articles
- Illegible search strategies will not be marked
- The word limit for the Evidence Justification has an error margin of 10% and includes in-text citations. Writing
beyond this point will not be marked.