1. McDermott International (2010 revenue $ 2403.7) is one of the names come from the Chronicles 100 list and are the 51-100 companies that are publicly held and headquartered in Houston.
2. Secure the 2010 annual report and 10K for that company from its website and describe operations and location.The 2011 information may not be released until March or April.
3. Prepare list of perceived risks using figures 1.3. (attached separately)
4. Apply the three general methods of managing risks-loss control, loss financing and internal risk reduction, figure 1.5, to the selected firm. (attached separately)
5. Discuss the risk management process, as it applies to the firm.
6. Identify loss types for pure risks, and for damage to assets.Discuss direct and indirect losses.
7. Based on what you have read and learned, which off these risk would you transfer, or insure and which would you retain and why?
8. Contact company website to keep up with activities, changes and financial results.
9. Provide the following:
· Approval of company selected required in order to received credit
· Prepare paper addressing these issues as viewed based on information learned in text and course.
· Include either a bibliography or a list of works cited
· Paper must be computer printed and must be a minimum of 6 paper double-spaced, numbered plus a cover page and bibliography.
· Paper will be due April 23, 2012 and will be equivalent to one test grade.
· Do not attach any of the material you have used with your paper
· Make use of and cite at least one of the links on the website.
10. Must work individually.
11. Be sure to include the evaluation of your firm with the distinctions made in the body of your support.
12. Report construction is important.In addition to spell check and grammar check, have someone else review for grammatical correctness.Make sure your use of zeros is correct in expressing $’s in millions and billions.