Identify and research a large chain restaurant that has gone bankrupt in the past ten (10) years.
Write a 4-5 page paper on the following:
- Perform an environmental analysis on your chosen bankrupt restaurant and evaluate the circumstances that led to its failure.
- Evaluate the restaurant’s competitive advantages to assess how they did or did not capitalize on them.
- Identify moves or counter-moves of rivals that led to the downfall of the restaurant. Describe how anticipation of these actions would have more accurately assessed the potential outcomes.
- Identify tangible and intangible resources the restaurant failed to use that may have helped the company succeed. Explain your reasoning.
- Reviewing the restaurant’s downfall, now create your own strategy for this restaurant in order for it to succeed. Be explicit in describing the strategic direction you would take and state your rationale.
- Use 4 quality resources for this assignment.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the external environment and assess internal factors to provide a basis for refining strategic direction and formulating corporate strategy.
- Analyze organizational resources and assess competitive advantages.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic planning in hospitality and tourism.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic planning in hospitality and tourism using proper writing mechanics.