You should be submitted in Backboard CTEC350\ InClass_ Assignments4:
See: Due Date in Blackboard
In this assignment, you will explore concepts defending a network. This assignment has four parts, and you are required to complete all parts.
Part1: (2.5 points): Discuss the concepts used in defending a network.
- Describe the key concepts in network defense (defense in depth, minimizing exposure, etc.).
- Explain how network defense tools (firewalls, IDS, etc.) are used to defend against attacks and mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Examine how security policies are implemented on systems to protect a network.
- How network operational procedures relate to network security.
Part2: (2.5 points): You need to explain network defense/monitoring tools and select two tools to examine networking monitoring you must show step-by-step method being used for network defense.
- Defense in Depth
- Network attacks
- Network Hardening
- Minimizing Exposure (Attack Surface and Vectors)
- Implementing Firewalls
- DMZs / Proxy Servers
- Honeypots and Honeynets
- Implementing IDS/IPS
Part3: (5 points): You need to explain network security policies as they relate to network defense/security with following:
- Network Access Control (internal and external)
- Network Policy Development and Enforcement
Part4: (10 points):
➢ Prepare a PowerPoint Presentation for the class. (50% of your grade is based on a successful DEMO with documentation)
➢ The PowerPoint should be 15-20 slides and demo your results.
Assignment Deliverable: Both files need to be submitted in the same drop box
➢ Report needs to be submitted into Blackboard by the due date
➢ PowerPoint Presentation
Any assignment received after the time of the class is considered late (NO EXCUSES) and is graded with a zero.