This assignment will provide you with a chance to read and critique an article or a book related to China. For this assignment, you select a reading that is of particular interest to you. Provide a description, critique, and your reflection on how the reading connects to your growing thoughts about Chinese culture.
· The description should be a concise account and synthesis of the article or book, and should not exceed one page.
· The critique should identify both strengths and weaknesses of the argument within the paper you are addressing. In pursuing the weaknesses, it will be important to state the beliefs, values, and assumptions that are embedded in you in comparison with what the reading promotes.
· Connections are intended to provide you with an opportunity to articulate how you are internalizing your growing knowledge about Chinese culture or how Chinese culture is different from other cultures (e.g., Canadian culture).
The total length is 6 pages or more (double-spaced, including the description, critique, connections, and reflections) plus a title page and a page/pages of references.
The following criteria will be used to assess your work:
· Description: accurate, clear, and complete
· Critique: beliefs and values, key points, clear argument on strengths and weaknesses
· Connections and reflections: how the reading connects to your growing thought on Chinese culture
· Writing: technical correctness, quality, and coherence