Case Study 1
Each class member is assigned Case Study 1.Assume you are a building contractor and you have won a bid to construct a high-rise residential apartment building. The complex is to be located in an area of the city which borders a high-crime urban area on one side, and industrial facilities on the other. You will need to take these factors into consideration before you start the project. How will you incorporate the needs of the future occupants into your approach to the construction?
You should take into consideration:
- natural surveillance;
- design guidelines;
- territory and personal defense strategies; and
- confidence restoration strategies.
Case Study Requirements:
- Cover sheet that contains the course name, Case Study 1, your name, and the date.
- Name your Word file in this format: Lastname CaseStudy1.
- Proper use of spelling, grammar, and paragraphing.
- A works cited page as the last page, which includes all relevant information about your sources, including author name(s) if known, and if the source is an Internet one, the date of retrieval and a full URL. (See APA Style & Example documents in Doc Sharing for reference.)
- This assignment should be three to five pages in length (1,000 words minimum).
Grading Rubric for this Case Study:
- Quality of the answers to the case questions, total of 70 points.
- Correctly placed in-text citations, 10 points.
- Correctly produced works cited list, 10 points.
- Length and adherence to appearance and grammatically correct work, 10 points.